otherwise it's going to become my fall back for entertainment. The photo to the right makes me laugh quite a lot since it reminds me of a bit in Shoot 'Em Up. For those who haven't seen it, Clive Owen basically plays one of the most easily annoyed men alive, I won't ruin the joke for you though in case you ever see it. I recommend you do see it, very funny and very over-the-top, much like the Transporter and Crank films. These films could be ranked under brain-at-the-door cinema, they're not deep and are never going to be some of the greatest film's ever made but sometimes it's best to just disengage your brain and just watch movies that consist of nothing more than shallow action. Yeah, you could probably read into political opinions e.t.c. but did you ever ponder over Die Hard? I guarantee someone is going to argue with me on that point.Anyway, it was nice to hear that I'm in the minority when I said I liked 007: Question Of Sport (not catching on is it?). It's flawed yes, but not as bad as some people *ahem* Graeme, are making out. Still, difference of opinion is very important, it shows individuality, showing that you're not just siding with the popular opinion to avoid conflict plus if everyone had a different opinion, a good discussion would no doubt ensue.
On a side note related to QOS, i applied the focus we did last week with Andy on film trailers to Will Smith's new film Seven Pounds. The audience weren't told what the story was, but they were told that Will Smith was in it and that it was from the director of The Pursuit Of Happyness (yes Gavin, not the correct spelling, Americans are silly). Sadly, I have to say that I would go and see it for those two reasons since I love Will Smith and The Pursuit Of Happyness, it's probably a different slant on the repackaging ethic than was employed in the Pirates Of The Caribbean sequels.

This week has started off well, our class won our mock debate, total landslide and i imagine a certain DFTV4 will be earning themselves a beating if those political terrorists get into office. Our class all did really well, though I feel I'm still not too confident when speaking in public, no idea why, I've done enough presentations over the years, maybe I feel more nervous than I actually appear. Still good job class! Let's celebrate! Score 1-0 to the good guys, and I don't just mean the Democrats ;)!
We also watched a couple of episodes of Still Game, a show which I absolutely adore, since it often feels like you already know the characters. A well written, well acted show which never seems to be limited by concept, characters or budget. Yes, there are weaker episodes but compared to other comedy shows nowadays, even International ones, I find the show so enjoyable and as Andy said, it successfully entertains the four quadrants: men, women, children and teens, something that rarely ever happens in today's society since most programs only aim to push boundaries, with entertainment often coming second behind concept. I imagine that in 10-20 years time new audiences will still be finding and enjoying Still Game and some of us will no doubt be living out that lifestyle, and no i DIDN'T mean me!
So, on to the usual, only TV this time round:
TV
Dead Set - I finished watching it and I have to say, the pretty decent climax surprised me, filled with gore but a very fitting end, I didn't much care for most of the characters anyway, they seemed very "American Teen Horror". I'm just a sucker for a good depressing ending though and my theory on this should perhaps be discussed on another post, it at least makes sense to me. I hated the producer character throughout until close to the end where I realised that he was in fact the saving grace of the show/film, without him it would have been very dull. I doubt I'll ever watch Dead Set again, there wasn't really enough there to make me want to return to it, I'd personally rather watch 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later, both are much better in every respect, though 28 Days Later not so much. Perhaps if Dead Set had come out a few years ago, it might have had more impact on me.
Dead Set has made me realise that I have actually become desensitised to violence, I could eat cereal while watching Dead Set as well as being quite happy to eat Greggs during my recent trip to Saw V. Let's hope I never work in censorship.

So I've been wondering, I've got the hang of this blog thingamajig and was considering the possibility of doing a Podcast. What form it would take and what content it would have I don't quite know yet, but one sort of idea I have is an RSAMD DFTV podcast, maybe focusing on what all the various classes are doing, upcoming screenings, some film news e.t.c. The podcast is a kind of half idea, it would probably be too much extra work but if anyone is up for it, I'd be glad to get input, it's not something that I would be wanting to do entirely by myself. Maybe I'm just wanting to do a podcast so badly since I'm sort of addicted to a few of them myself. Here are a few i recommend.
Podcasts I Enjoy:
Game Scoop, Three Red Lights (Games Podcast's)
Keepin' It Reel and Digigods (Movie/DVD Podcast's)
Dead Set has made me realise that I have actually become desensitised to violence, I could eat cereal while watching Dead Set as well as being quite happy to eat Greggs during my recent trip to Saw V. Let's hope I never work in censorship.

So I've been wondering, I've got the hang of this blog thingamajig and was considering the possibility of doing a Podcast. What form it would take and what content it would have I don't quite know yet, but one sort of idea I have is an RSAMD DFTV podcast, maybe focusing on what all the various classes are doing, upcoming screenings, some film news e.t.c. The podcast is a kind of half idea, it would probably be too much extra work but if anyone is up for it, I'd be glad to get input, it's not something that I would be wanting to do entirely by myself. Maybe I'm just wanting to do a podcast so badly since I'm sort of addicted to a few of them myself. Here are a few i recommend.
Podcasts I Enjoy:
Game Scoop, Three Red Lights (Games Podcast's)
Keepin' It Reel and Digigods (Movie/DVD Podcast's)
All four are very American, though all are a good source of news in their respective fields, as well as being very entertaining. If you are at all interested in Podcast's I suggest you at least try the film ones, be wary though, both game Podcasts and the Keepin' It Reel podcast get VERY geeky sometimes, hence why they appeal to me.
LINK TO IGN PODCAST'S
Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's Film Review's.
Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's Film Review's.
Used mostly to get a British view on films, sometimes Kermode descends into insanity, especially when it comes to Guy Ritchie movies. Though if you listen to this, you'll spot it's where I stole the Question Of Sport thing.
KERMODE PODCAST
On a final note, as some may know, I find the abridged scripts in Total Film quite entertaining and I've found the website which must write for them, I suggest you go and check them out, a good jab at modern cinema.
On a final note, as some may know, I find the abridged scripts in Total Film quite entertaining and I've found the website which must write for them, I suggest you go and check them out, a good jab at modern cinema.
THE EDITING ROOM
Thanks ever so much for reading, it's greatly appreciated, though I must question your lifestyle.

No comments:
Post a Comment