Sunday, 16 November 2008

Body rhythm

Wow, busy week, at least it felt busy. I think I counted that I had viewed 7 films this week and that was only in the first four days. Quite crazy. What makes this week busy? competition filming (ok I was part-time and did one day), graduation, cancelled gig, no XBOX yet and of course academy life. Be warned, the following post has very little film or tv related items.

Filming (for me only on Friday) was great fun, a definite step up from North Glasgow, with everyone knowing what they were supposed to be doing and minimal messing around, let's hope we can show the film to a few people, it is quite funny. Not too sure whether I've been a help or hinderence on this project though, Gavin has basically showed me how to properly cut in Premiere, a program which we'll probably no longer be using.

My graduation was decent, not as good as my "college prize" ceremonies but fun nonetheless, if only to for once be given an excuse for wearing a gown. It was good meeting up with a few of the people from the class I hadn't spoken to in a while but only a laminated certificate is a bit pointless, where's my WHSmith vouchers? Lots of talking, lots of clapping, lots more talking, lots of posing for photographs, sort of felt like a minor rock star for a few minutes. Some of the photos are on bebo just now (might post them on my flickr page soon), though the professional photos looked a little weird.

Finch cancelled, something I was looking forward to for the past few weeks, but the singer had laringitus so it can't be help, having my money back is a small consolation.

No XBOX 360 yet, apparently it arrives tomorrow, several hours of Guitar Hero (in practice for the eventual Guitar Hero party) await.

The academy has been pretty good this week, press screening, screening, screening, Gavin's surprise editing test and finally learning about back focus, something I had no idea of, even coming from an HND. Coming to the RSAMD has been more than worthwhile.

Hopefully in the next post there will be a few more things to right about...



"In an action film you act in the action, in a drama film you act in the drama"
Jean-Claude Van Damme

No comments: